Make sure you check each month for upcoming events!
If you have any questions, or would like to host a workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Tucumcari Rangeland Soil Health Workshop
June 30 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Online website registration for the June 30 Tucumcari Soil Health Workshop is closed. For questions about the workshop, please contact Lynnae Abarca at the SW Quay SWCD at: 575 309-3357
This workshop is for ranchers who want to learn about rangeland soil health principles, plant communities, grassland health, and production. The day will be spent outside focused on field demonstrations and talks with local ranchers and leading experts to learn about grazing management, extending the grazing season, drought resilience and range/soil health indicators. We’ll meet at a working ranch and do field demonstrations on rangeland. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about soil health in arid working lands!
There is no cost to this workshop. Light breakfast, lunch, water and snacks will be provided. More workshop logistics information will be provided a week prior to the workshop.
The Tucumcari Soil Health Workshop will be facilitated by Amy Larsen, Steve Kadas from NMACD, and Katherine Ottmers. Field demonstrations and brief afternoon presentations will be given by staff at NRCS, SW Quay SWCD and more!
After completing this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the healthy soils principals and plan or implement one or more strategies on your farm/ranch.
- Better understand soil chemical, physical and biological characteristics, and consider these when planning for soil health.
- Learn about some field testing options and what they can tell you about the health of soils.
- Meet and network with other agricultural professionals and peer farmers who can offer support in soil health practices.
- Learn about programs and funding opportunities that can assist with healthy soil management practices.
Check out this workbook for a deeper dive into workshop content. Contact Amy Larsen, email@example.com, with any questions.