Make sure you check each month for upcoming events!
If you have any questions, or would like to host a workshop, please contact email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands: Field Day at Ute Creek Cattle Company
June 23 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for our third installment of the Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands Field Day Series, at Ute Creek Cattle Company!
We’ll learn all about grazing for water and wildlife, creek restoration, supporting local bird populations, and building water tanks and water conservation practices. The workshop and lunch are free! Lunch is being sponsored by the Ute Creek Cattle Company, with omnivorous and vegetarian options available. You can also bring your own. This field day is meant for producers, agency representatives and anyone interested in grazing to support water and wildlife.
Ute Creek Cattle Company received the Leopold Conservation Award in 2021! You can learn more about Tuda and the Ute Creek Cattle Company here.
Registration is now closed for this event.
This is part three in the four part field day series on Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands. Check out the other field days in the series and register for them here.
- 9:00 – 9:30am Arrival and sign-in & Welcome and Introductions (Leah Potter-Weight, Quivira Coalition)
Overview of UCCC Conservation Practices, including adaptive grazing, water development and bird habitat (Tuda Crews, UCCC)
- 9:30 – 10:00am Grassland Birds and Habitat: What one can tell about the other – Christopher Rustay (Playa Lakes Joint Venture)
- 10:00am – 12:15pm Exclusion monitoring; Creek Restoration; Conserving Water; “After” an un-prescribed burn (Jeremiah Moxley,Tuda Libby Crews and Jack Crews, Ute Creek Cattle Company); Mock transects and Bird Conservancy of the Rockies (Anna Stearns, Bird Conservancy of the Rockies); Grassland birds (Christopher Rustay, Playa Lakes Joint Venture)
- 12:15 – 1:00pm Lunch – Sponsored by Ute Creek Cattle Company
- 1:00 – 2:50pm “After” Un-prescribed Wildfire – group discussion includes grasslands restoration, wildlife, soil health, invasives, etc.
UCCC Watering System (Jeremiah Moxley)
Water tank installation (Cody Kite, 2K Earthworks) -Installation of 8-ft. fiberglass drinker with bird ramp and Shade Balls
- 2:45 – 3:00pm Conversation and conclusion