Work With Us
The Quivira Coalition is a great place to work, at the intersection of conservation and agriculture. We are a warm group that works to walk our talk and create a safe place to work in. We hope you consider being part of our team! If there is no job listed here, check back periodically. If you are interested in an internship, make us a proposal!
Program Coordinator Job Description
The Quivira Coalition, a Santa Fe-based nonprofit that aims to shift current practices of agriculture and land stewardship to those that produce good food, support meaningful livelihoods in rural places, sustain biodiversity, and remedy the impacts of climate change. We do this work through agricultural apprenticeship, land and water restoration, and farmer- and rancher-led knowledge exchange.
We are currently seeking a Program Coordinator for our Education and Outreach programs. The Quivira Coalition currently has a staff of ten who work primarily in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
The coordinator will support our Education and Outreach programs – specifically coordinating our workshops, annual conference, and the Carbon Ranch Initiative (CRI).
Our Education and Outreach program shares ideas and resources in support of the critical role working lands play in the health of our food systems, communities, and planet. We run about 12 hands-on workshops a year throughout New Mexico focusing on land health. In collaboration with two partner organizations, we put on the annual REGENERATE conference to bring together diverse groups of interested parties around a theme for two full days of panels, workshops, networking, and discussions with attendance at about 500 participants.
The overarching goals of the CRI are to build the capacity of producers, land managers, and technical service providers to implement land management practices focused on mitigation of and adaptation to climate change and improving local, rural food systems and economies. To do this work the Quivira Coalition focuses on education, demonstration, and research projects in New Mexico’s working lands. We work in very close partnerships with governmental agencies, universities, partner non-profits, and producers to bring the climate change conversation to New Mexico’s working land communities. Over the next two years, we will be focused on building a Soil Health Network – a series of workshops for technical service providers and producers that aims to build, strengthen, and solidify farmer- and rancher-led knowledge exchange networks around soil health practices.
We are seeking someone who has a passion for supporting education, demonstration, and research projects around land management practices in the face of a changing climate that involves diverse groups of people. We are looking for someone who will bring a high degree of professionalism and organization to working with diverse groups of people to maintain Quivira Coalition’s collaborations and partnerships that allow us to provide unique programs grounded in our local communities and landscapes. This role supports the Education and Outreach and Carbon Ranch Initiative Program Directors thorough coordination and administration of logistics, finances, and outreach events throughout New Mexico.
This position will coordinate all of the aspects of Education and Outreach programs, with the primary focus over the next two years being the support of our yearly workshop series, annual conference, and the Soil Health Network program. All of our projects work extensively and closely with producers, agencies, non-profits, tribes, and universities. The program coordinator will be responsible for administering contractor personnel paperwork that could be unique depending on the contracting entity. We are funded through foundations, government grants, and private donations. The program coordinator will facilitate all invoicing and support the Program Directors to prepare the financial reports for granting agencies and the Quivira Coalition Board. Coordination of on-site workshops will require travel throughout the state of New Mexico for workshop set up and facilitation, in collaboration with the Program Directors, as well as arrangement of all of the logistics for the workshops with landowners, agencies, and workshop participants.
- Commitment to supporting inclusivity in Quivira Coalitions education, demonstration, and research projects
- Excellent, professional written and verbal English communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with complicated paperwork involved in non-profit and grant administration
- Strong skills related to working with diverse groups of people and cross-cultural communication
- Experiential/participatory education, outreach, and/or community organizing preferred
- Experience with MS Office and G Suite
- Valid US Drivers License
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs and work long hours bending and walking outdoors
- Must be able to travel to remote locations where camping may be required
- Flexible schedule to accommodate weekend and remote work
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Workshop, conference, meeting coordination
- Communication with hosts and attendees
- On-site attendance when necessary
- Venue, supply, and food coordination
- Promotion via online and in Quvira’s networks
- Handle reimbursements associated with events
- Program administration
- Accounts payable for contractors
- Receipt reconciliation
- Accounts receivable for grantors
- Ordering supplies and print materials
- Personnel administration
- Statement of work, contractual agreements, tax forms and direct deposit for contractors
- General point of contact for the Education and Outreach programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Directors
Terms of Employment:
- Reports directly to the Education and Outreach and Carbon Ranch INitativeProgram Directors
- Compensation is $21.50/hour, paid bi-weekly
- 30 hours a week
- This position is primarily based out of Quivira’s Santa Fe offices, with travel and remote work necessary
- No relocation compensation – the ideal candidate is already based in or near Santa Fe
- After 3 months benefits include health care, dental, vision, simple IRA, paid-time-off, short and long term life insurance and disability policy
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references