Make sure you check each month for upcoming events!
If you have any questions, or would like to host a workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Santa Ana Pueblo Soil Health & Compost Workshop
May 4 @ 5:45 pm - 7:45 pm
Join us to learn about soil health, monitoring, compost, and biochar from numerous local practitioners and specialists.
We will be doing a hybrid format – in-person gathering for Santa Ana Pueblo Tribal Members as part of the regular Farmers Meetings and a webinar for general public. We’ll also host a raffle at the end!
- Welcome & intros (Tammy Montoya, Pueblo of Santa Ana Department of Natural Resources and Roger Fragua, Flower Hill Institute)
- Soil health best practices, NRCS programs, monitoring (Charlene Carr, NMSU Agricultural Extension)
- Healthy soil principles and how to apply on the land (Juliana Ciano, Reunity Resources)
- Backyard Composting (Sarah Pierpont, New Mexico Recycling Coalition)
BREAK (5 minutes)
- Santa Ana Pueblo Composting Project (Dan Ginter, Pueblo of SA Dept. of Natural Resources)
- Composting Projects (students at the Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute)
- Intro to Biochar (Speaker TBD
- Q&A + Discussion
- Closing Remarks
No registration required! Join us on Zoom at 5:45 on May 4 by clicking the link below or utilizing one of the Zoom phone numbers:
Meeting ID: 898 3862 9195
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,89838629195# US (Houston)
+14086380968,,89838629195# US (San Jose)