Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Make sure you check each month for upcoming events!
If you have any questions, or would like to host a workshop, please contact email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands: Field Day at Sand Ranch
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join us our Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands Field Day at Sand Ranch!
We’ll meet at Sand Ranch on May 16 to learn from Ranch Managers and Landowners like Bret Riley and many more. They’ll share their stewardship experiences in regards to management, observations, goals, vision and prairie chickens. Additionally, there will be a monitoring demonstration and a number of agencies will be tabling and available for your questions. Learn more about Sand Ranch.
This is the second part in a four part series on Water & Wildlife Management on Working Lands. You can learn about the other field days and register for them here.
- 9:00am Guided ranch tour with Bret Riley (Sand Ranch), highlighting grazing strategies, restoration, and management for drought and prairie chicken habitat
During our tour Danica Cook with the BLM will be providing a demo of the Robel monitoring technique for lesser prairie chicken habitat and Joel Alderete will provide a demo of the Pace/Point Transect method.
- 12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch kindly prepared by Bret’s wife Kelly
- 1:00pm Circle up with Bret and other Landowners (Kyle Dillard, Bryce Peterson, Clyde Harrison, etc) – Informal “panel discussion” on their stewardship experiences, management, observations, goals and vision.
- 2:00pm Break
- 2:15pm Carbon sequestration discussion with Bre Owens (Western Landowners Alliance) discussing an upcoming carbon sequestration project funded by National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- 3:00-4:00pm Agency talks and tabling session – Attendees will hear from local agency representatives and have the opportunity to chat with them about programs and opportunities. These agencies will include
- New Mexico State Land Office
- Bureau of Land Management
- Center for Excellence (CEHMM)
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (tentative)
- FWS (tentative)
- 4:00-4:30pm. Wrap-up and evaluations
Contact Megan O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.